Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Hangover (2009)


Director Todd Phillips
Warner DVD (unrated version)

This year's big comedy hit. This is a fun enough "romp" with comedy that pushes the limits of, what were considered to be at one time, good taste. It's a simple enough story, four guys go to Vegas for a bachelor party, accidentally roofie themselves, and then lose the groom in a wild night of debauchery that we never fully see. Unlike the comedies of someone like Judd Apatow, it never transcends it's genre to make it's characters more human, therefore making the situations less involving and reducing them to merely sight gags. I laughed but I've laughed harder at NBC's Thursday night line-up. No one moment stands out as one I would rush to tell my friends about, but the ever incredible Zach Galifianakis made it a movie I would probably watch again.

6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment